About the Play
THE STORY OF THE LONE STAR STATE is a 1 hour history covering 600 years of Texas life. It starts in pre-Columbian Texas and ends with a 2 minute race through the 20th Century! Audiences will learn about Indian folklore, Spanish exploration, Hispanic heritage, and the many cultures and peoples that have shaped our state. Teachers and educators will find their Texas history curriculum enhanced by this production that is at once educational and entertaining.
• Comanche Tale of the Origin of Bluebonnets
• 200 years of Mission Life in Early Tejas
• Miguel Hidalgo & Mexico's Independence
• Texian Revolution & the Alamo
• Statehood & the Civil War
• The Longhorns vs Cowboys
• Spindletop and Growth of Texas
• Famous Texans Represented: Father Hidalgo, Sam Houston, Santa Anna, Deaf Smith, General Ignacio Zaragoza, Stephen F. Austin, La Salle, William Barrett Travis, Cowboys, Vaqueros and Buffalo, oh my!
Students not only experience a fantastic performance – they become part of history. InterActive Theater Company offers a unique style of theater in allowing students to participate in the performance - through volunteering to come on stage, answering questions or offering suggestions to the actor. So saddle up for the ride of your life
600 years in 60 minutes…and don’t worry,
we’ll remember the Alamo!!